Revcontent is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our tech team. We are an AWS-centric platform that serves billions of requests per month over multiple data centers globally. We move fast, and everyone has the autonomy to push changes into the wild at any time. With that, we are looking for someone with the knowledge, skill, and drive, to keep the product moving forward with minimal oversight. Management provides the goals, and your job is to execute with as minimal oversight as possible.
Strong knowledge of Apache, Haproxy, or Nginx. We utilize all these (and more) in our production infrastructure. We don’t expect you to be an expert on any one of these technologies, but you need to know how it works.
Strong familiarity with AWS and services that revolve around serving websites, databases, analytics. We are going to ask you about each of these services, and expect you to be able to hold a conversion on them.
Strong knowledge with MySQL/Aurora. If you were given a slowquerylog entry, we expect you to understand why it’s slow and provide recommendations on how to fix it.
Strong knowledge of containers, Docker, and ECS.
Willing to be on an on-call rotation which includes some nights and at least one weekend per month.
You can write a Jenkins Pipeline.
Can proficiently code in at least two of the languages below.
Familiarity with maintaining, monitoring, and debugging EMR clusters.
Capable of creating a well designed MySQL database.
Snowflake, Looker, or other BI tools.
Why work at Revcontent?
Wouldn't you want to work at a small, profitable company where your input has actual impact? Of course! Come join a team of people who are dedicated to enjoying life, just as much as they are to making money. Competitive compensation, great healthcare, and interesting problems to solve on a daily basis. Remote work is available for the right candidate.
How to Apply?
Create a cloudformation which can be run inside an empty account.
Using either Lambda or Docker, setup an http endpoint accessible by 0.0.0.0/0.
The endpoint should be the only Output of the cloudformation stack and named “resume”.
Going to the endpoint should present your resume to the caller in your format of choice.
Put the template file on an S3 bucket, and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nothing else. Candidates must submit to be considered.
- Generating Leads
- Managing leads lists
- Converting leads to long term clients
- Meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Becoming an expert in the Revcontent platform
- Working to grow the Revcontent business as a whole
- Presenting the Revcontent platform live to prospective clients
- Building strong, long term relationship with current and new clients
- Attending national and international events while representing Revcontent
- Answering client questions about platform updates and developments
- Working closely with sale managers to reach company objectives
- Sales experience
- Solid understanding of sales tactics
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Google Docs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to build immediate, long term connections with new clients
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced and exciting work environment
- Demonstrates a strong cultural fit with Revcontent
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of company operations, strategy, objectives and industry concepts.
- Work with team members to complete tasks and resolve internal and external issues.
- Provide support to clients for any troubleshooting, account strategy, and day to day account maintenance.
- Serve as the internal point of contact for issues or questions related to the Revcontent platform.
- Submit support tickets and change requests and following up to ensure timely and accurate resolutions.
- Maintain communication with team members regarding company operational aspects including advertising team changes, individual client issues and company operations.
- Ability to act and operate independently.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and have excellent follow up skills.
- Initiative and self-discipline.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees.
- Must be comfortable communicating with external clients.